- back to CrunchRelay.
The Thirtieth Theme is YARRR!!!
These are SolarCharms for Athletics, possessed by Kalonice Stormwind (CB:Night 96).
Sky-Tied Strand -- Scrollreader
Cost: 2 motes Duration: Special Type: Reflexive Minimum Athletics: 3 Minimum Essence: 2 Prerequisite Charms: None
With a sudden gesture, the exalt affixes a rope, whip, or grapple to where it is at, fixing it in in place. This may result in the item being nailed to the sky, seas, or any other location. The end of the item so affixed cannot be moved, no matter how much weight is attached, or no matter how hard it is pulled (though the rope may break). This is a perfect effect. The exalt may swing, climb, or slide on the rope as normal. Each turn, on her initiative, the exalt may pay 2 motes to keep the rope so affixed. this does not count as a charm use.
Madwoman's Swing -- Scrollreader
Cost: 3 motes, 1 WP Duration: Instant Type: Supplemental Minimum Athletics: 4 Minimum Essence: 2 Prerequisite Charms: Sky-Tied Strand
With a yell and a daring lunge, the exalt is carried along the arc of her rope, grapple or whip. She instantly moves as far as a full swing of the rope could take her, and may make an attack during her swing, doubling all damage sucesses, after they are rolled. This charm, because it requires the exalt to swing along a rope in order to be used, is explicitly imcompaible with other athletics charms which require or prohibit movement.
Essence Hook and Grapple Meditation -- OhJames
Cost: 4 motes Duration: One Scene Type: Reflexive Minimum Athletics: 4 Minimum Essence: 2 Prerequisite Charms: Spider-Foot Style, Feather-Foot Style
With a shout and a series of quick gestures, the exalt may summon up an elegant grappling hook, cast in her own Essence. The hook glows with a soft light that can illuminate a small area around it, while the rope, which extends a length equal to (the Solar’s Essence x 50) yards, appears to be made of liquid gold and writhes slowly of its own volition.
The hook and rope created by this Charm are eminently useful. They can be used as a normal grappling hook, allowing the exalt to scale walls, bridge gaps, etc., and can hold a weight of up to (the exalt’s Essence x 100) pounds. The exalt’s climbing speed is doubled while scaling the Essence-rope. As a reflexive action, the Solar may cause any section of the rope to become suddenly immaterial, thus prompting appropriate Dexterity + Athletics rolls from any characters currently hanging onto that section. Finally, they serve as functional weapons, allowing the character to make attacks out to her (Essence x 5) yards, using either the Thrown or Melee abilities. Sweeps may be performed at a similar distance.
If using Power Combat, the hook and grapple have the following statistics: Speed +10, Accuracy +3, Damage +2L, Defense –4, and a rate of 3. In normal combat, the statistics are instead: Speed +4, Accuracy +3, Damage +3L, and Defense –2.
Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Sun</i> (Quendalon)
Cost: 1 mote Duration: Instant Type: Simple Minimum Athletics: 4 Minimum Essence: 3 Prerequisite Charms: ?
Kalonice hurls a bottle or cask full of potable liquid toward the sun. Moments later, the container drops back down into her hands, burnt black by solar fire. No matter what manner of drink was originally in the container, and no matter its original quality, it has been transmuted by the grace of the Unconquered Sun into the very finest golden rum.
Oh... uh... could someone please elaborate on this character? Is she a pirate or what? -- OhJames <i>who doesn't have frigging CB: Night
- Basically she's a Wavecrest Privateer that pretends she is a guy but secretly has the hots for Moray Darktide(From Castebook:Dawn)-- SpicyMcHaggis
- Umm, "...pretends she is a guy..."? Not quite. She's Tya (though questioning that), meaning that she follows a bunch of taboos regarding sex and sexuality, and takes an abortifacient, in order to fit in what the Wavecresters deem a "male" role. This doesn't mean that she "pretends" to be anything. One look at the picture of her on CB:N p.96 (for those who DO have the book) should be enough to dispell that notion. -Suzume, who also likes the image of these charms, and enjoys stories of real female pirates...
Hm. These Charms are kinda Saily, don't you think? I like 'em a lot. - willows
- I don't know, I mean, you can use a grappling hook just about anywhere, not just onna boat. Then again, they were invented by a sailor in the West, so I imagine the Sail connection was probably unavoidable. -- OhJames
Quendalon - I love the flavor text, but the Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Sun seems a lot weak for it's requirements. If it came back down immediately, I could maybe see it -but by noon the next day, I expect that Rum to be something more than just good drink. Maybe it negates all wound penalties for a duration, or restores motes, or increases stamina significantly for a few hours; I don't know, but it seems like it should do -something- other than just get you drunk after a day in Sol's presence. Gamlain
- It's been months since I've written any Charms. Gimme a break! :-) Revised. - Quendalon
- Sorry to add another one so soon, but the relay seemed to be stalled. Also, hopefully, there's at least one pre-requisite for Essence Hook now. - Scrollreader
- Well, now we have five Charms, so it's time for you to archive the theme and create a new one! - Quendalon
- Right then. How do people feel about a relay looking ahead to Ex2? Something like Terrestrial Integrity? I think It'd be cool, but I don;t want to drag the relay somewhere nobody else cares about. - Scrollreader
- I know I've been out of touch and all, but I have no idea what you're talking about. - Quendalon
- Exalted Second Edition. Integrity is a new social stat, used for resisting persuasion and the like. - LeumasWhite
- Ah, okay. So this is a proposal to create a Relay for a mechanic that hasn't been developed yet? I don't think that's a good idea. - Quendalon
- Yeah... Neither do I. -- OhJames
- Why not brawling (boxing, unarmed fighting) and such as the new theme?
- Mortal Thaumaturgy (SolarCharms)
- Subtle Theft (TerrestrialCharms)
- Peaceful ways of dealing with demons (SolarCharms)
- Advanced Tattooing Techniques (LunarCharms)
- Romantic Archery (GodCharms)
- Ebon Tendrils of Entropy Style / Dust (SiderealMartialArts - needs conclusion)
- Path of the Unconquered Sun (SiderealCharms)
- Black Mourner Style / Sorrow (Abyssal MartialArts)
- Improvisation! (TerrestrialCharms)
- Desperate Survival (Mixed Charms)
- Manipulating Worshippers (Arcanoi)
- Confounding Pursuit (TerrestrialCharms)
- Sex (Mixed Charms)
- Curses (AbyssalCharms)
- Plants (TerrestrialCharms)
- Retribution (SolarCharms)
- Distant Thunder (Elemental Charms)
- Epidemics of the Soul (AbyssalCharms)
- Understanding Blood (DemonCharms)
- Dragon-Tracks (TerrestrialCharms)
- Indecision (SiderealCharms)
- Named Winds (TerrestrialCharms)
- Adaptation (AlchemicalCharms)
- Conditional Charms (SolarCharms)
- Hallucination (LunarCharms)
- Losing Patience (TerrestrialCharms)
- To Autochthonia (Mixed Charms)
- Grief Is the Weakness of Air (TerrestrialCharms)
- Managing the Tribe (LunarCharms)
- Yarr! Pirate Athletics charms. (Solar Charms)
- back to CrunchRelay