Moxiane's idea: Each of these Charms is for a different splat. Stop at five Charms; they don't necessarily have to be Exalted Charms. Path abilities and Arcanoi are explicitly fair game.
Tether-Ripping Escape (Moxiane) This is a Ghost Arcanos
Cost: 12 motes, 2 Willpower (+ 1 experience point) Duration: Temperance in weeks Type: Simple Minimum Temperance: 4 Minimum Essence: 3 Prerequisite Charms: Chain-Shattering Discipline
One of the fates that most horrifies the inhabitants of the Underworld is to be soulforged. To have your very being hammered and shaped into an object fills even the most hard-hearted ghost with fear, and some will go to extreme lengths to avoid this fate. It was for this purpose that this Arcanos was created. It must be used on the physical representation of a Fetter with a value at least equal to the permanent Essence of the character and, while the effect continues, should the ghost ever be soulforged into an item then he can later escape from it at the price of destroying the representation of the Fetter, forever denying the ghost the ability to draw upon it in future. By spending one experience point when Tether-Ripping Escape is used, the effect is rendered permanent - however, should the ghost later raise his permanent Essence above the level of the fetter then the link is broken and the experience point lost.
Feral Chimera Shape (Quendalon) This is a Lunar Charm
Cost: 5 motes, 1 Willpower, 1 point of temporary Conviction Duration: Indefinite Type: Reflexive Minimum Stamina: 5 Minimum Essence: 3 Prerequisite Charms: Deadly Beastman Transformation
Wild energies surge through the Lunar’s flesh as she surrenders control of her mind and form, allowing both to shift reflexively in response to her environment. Her flesh boils and flows like quicksilver, changing size and shape in the blink of an eye, assuming one nightmarish form after another with little or no resemblance to anything that belongs in Creation.
Stats in the Feral Chimera Shape are based on the Deadly Beastman form, but with additional dots in all physical Attributes and Wits equal to the character’s permanent Essence. Social Attributes and Intelligence drop to 1. The Lunar gains three Gifts of her choice when she activates the Charm, and may reflexively switch any or all of them for other Gifts on her initiative. She makes no Virtue checks for any reason while in this shape.
The character enters a fight-or-flight mentality upon activating this Charm, and remains in that state until the Charm ends. This only happens when the character feels completely safe and secure; depending on the circumstances, this may take hours, days or even years. The character recognizes her friends and will not attack them unless severely provoked, but is otherwise incapable of reacting in any reasoned way with her environment.
Needs of the Many Meditation (Nikink) This is a Terrestrial Charm
Cost: 8 motes, 1+n Willpower, +n HL Duration: Scene Type: Simple Minimum Lore: 5 Minimum Essence: 5 Prerequisite Charms: Elemental Succor Method, Dragon Vortex Attack
The ultimate in elemental fury. A Dragon-Blood using this Charm gives of themselves to enhance their bonded circle-mates. An area around them of Ess+Lore x10 yards erupts into a storm of elemental chaos as their anima flares outwards before being absorbed by their Bonded-Brothers. These recipients then become living embodiments of elemental fury
For every Dragon-Blood that is part of the user's brotherhood (and still alive), at least 1HL must be sacrificed, and 1wp spent (+1 to activate the Charm). Each sacrificed HL grants that circle-mate gains 2 extra Bruised HLs and +1 to any two physical attributes for the duration of the scene. At the end of the scene the bonuses disappear, but the damage remains and can kill those who have not been able to heal enough. The Exalt must spend at least one HL per circle-mate, and the circle-mates must all get the same benefits. Thus an Exalt with 4 Bonded Brothers must spend either 4HL, 8HL, 12HL etc. These HLs may not be healed by any means until the Charm expires, and it is not unknown for heroic Dragon-Bloods to kill themselves to aid their Brothers by use of this Charm (the Charm's benefits remain).
Eruption of Ravenous Flesh (haren) This is an Abyssal Charm
Cost: 10 motes, 1 Permanent Willpower Duration: Instant Type: Reflexive Minimum Brawl: 5 Minimum Essence: 4 Prerequisite Charms: Rapacious Lamprey Technique, Blood-Drinking Palm
The body of an Abyssal has survived death at least once, and is loath to admit defeat easily. Their Po is filled with a terrible rage and hunger for life, and will do anything to survive. This includes cannibalizing all human life around them. The Abyssal can activate this charm at any time, including at the moment of being reduced to or past Incapacitated. Their flesh and blood explode from their bones in a terrible clutching whirlwind, tearing apart all near them and rushing back. The Abyssal must reflexively attack all people within 5 yards with a normal brawl attack with their Permanent Essence added as automatic successes.
For every Health Level they cause, they can heal one Health Level of Bashing or Lethal damage. For two, they can heal an Aggravated. Every two Health Levels healed in this manner reduces their Appearance by 1. This effect is temporary, with the Appearance returning at a rate of 1 dot every two months.
I like the idea behind Pathos Flare but it occurs to me that by the time a Solar needs to use that Charm they are probably out of essence (and maybe willpower) anyway. I'd make the cost 1 permanent Willpower (or perhaps 1xp per HL?). The side effects are a nice touch though, so I'd leave those for sure. - Nikink
- I had considered that, and it makes a lot of sense, but I am firmly against permanent costs built into Charms. A Charm has to be incredibly awesome for that to be an appropriate thing...and while this gives you serious healing, it's not that great. Ideally, a Solar who doesn't have the forethought to use this when he has enough motes to actually do so has some other Charm that converts stuff into motes for him. I, for one, will not (directly) support this icky concept of Charms that cost dots of stuff, at least not by designing such Charms. - willows
- Fair call. B-) But I dispute the 'not that great' healing. If Mr Solar has taken Ox-Body three times for 9 extra -1 and -2 HLs, and uses this Charm to be bumped straight up to full health, reflexively and instantly... how is that 'not great' for the minimum cost of 10m, 1wp? (Agreed, if they haven't used any WP, and they have a permanent WP of 10, it is quite expensive, but I'm not a fan of 'whatever you have left' costs for charms anyway...) - nikink Not to mention how heinous it gets if they have 5 or more Ox-Bodies... And what if they don't have any temporary WP left? Does the Charm still work?
- The intent of the WP cost is that it resets you; it's not actually required to use the Charm. I know you're right that it is actually very good healing...but at what price!? It makes you crazy, after all. - willows
- Ahhh... I see... Ok, in that case, I'd put the loss of WP in the text, not in the Cost. It makes much more sense to me now. Thanks! B-) - Nikink
- Good idea. - w
- Can you add charms to these trees which been made previously, I have a charm in my MA which very much suits this Diamond/InfiniteVelocity - Fear Gives Speed Reflex. Diamond
- I don't see why you can't put a link to it, but I wouldn't think pre-made Charms should be put here. This is for coming up with new stuff, and why bother putting old stuff up? But certainly link to them if they fit. Also saves duplication. Does that make sense? - Nikink
Is there already a way for an Abyssal to reflexively tear his way into the Labyrinth, or would that work as a Charm here? ~ G
- Seeing how a spell is required to access the Labyrinth from anywhere, I'd say a reflexive teleportation Charm would have high demands and costs. Resplendence
Alright... this is a kooky charm, feel free to rip it to shreds or come up with a better version and remove it. I think you can see what I was aiming for... Nikink
- Looks good, although sacrificing aggravated HLs is maybe a bit much for the benefits gained. Maybe you could say the HLs can't be healed until by any means until the Charm expires? Whatever you go with, you should clarify whether you can kill or incapacitate yourself with the Charm without stopping it or not. The effects should last a scene no matter what happens to the DB activating it, IMHO.Resplendence
- Ok, how's that? Not sure about the aggravated, so I used your suggestion. The aggravated sounds right to me personally though... not sure why. Just can't put my finger on it. Maybe cuz it's harder to heal? This is meant to be a quite taxing and self-sacrificing Charm. Anyways, thanks for the input! Nikink
Any thoughts on Feral Chimera Shape? - Quendalon
- Just a question, but I noticed some wording similarities... would it be inspired by the Avatar form for shapeshifters from "Amber"? - haren
- Feral Chimera Shape strikes me as a very cool idea that's open to a lot of abuse by twinks and munchkins who don't care about intelligence or social interaction, but do care about kewl powerz and combat effectiveness. In my games, I'd probably allow it at a higher essence and with more 'tangible' drawbacks... though, the players in my games wouldn't even consider such twinkery, thank the gods! B-) Nikink
- It seems like Feral Chimera Shape would be more appropriate to the intent if the Lunar using it was capable only of fleeing, not even attempting to fight unless it's trying to get away. That way, you couldn't use it to ramp up to a fight, just to survive one. Also, fleeing away with incredible power makes it less appealing for munchkin-like behavior. - TedPro
- I'm thinking of changing Feral Chimera Shape so that it immediately kicks you into Limit Break. Thoughts? - Quendalon
- back to CrunchRelay.