From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
Infernals: Willows Ikselam DeathBySurfeit BoXP
Hey, okay, welcome to my page.
Welcome? Hm, maybe not. Hello, you are on my page. Hi. I rant and stuff here, and also link to those things on the wiki what are good. Not the other stuff. It's a resource to help you discover things!
I used to keep a Charm Count, but it went well in excess of 500 and there just isn't a point anymore. It feels sort of exhibitionistic.
People to Visit
There was a time when I'd read nearly everything on the Wiki because it was, for the most part, cool new content that explored the game in surprising ways.
Lately the posters that used to do that don't do it anymore or have stopped posting; I maintain this section in their memory. Thanks, guys. I miss you.
- The original ExMod guy.
- runs SolInvictus (the game); an excellent fellow.
- wrote great Hearthstones and is currently an excellent photographer.
- also wrote great Hearthstones, though too many of them are of the "one use" variety.
- was one of the few of us brave enough to write SiderealMartialArts, and one of the fewer who crafts them well. His gods and demons are creative, beautiful, and generally awesome.
Stuff I Wrote
Over the years I have accumulated a lot of stuff on the Wiki. Much of it is crap, and some of it is excellent, and in between there is some so-so stuff. Here's it all (plus whatever's in the Relays.)
Cosmology and Mythology
- A compendium of the dragons and dragonlike creatures of Creation.
- A project to populate Malfeas.
- More population fun, this time for the lesser elementals.
- What is it?
- Ikselam's second excellent collaboration-game idea, this has produced (in my opinion) some of the very best Charms on the Wiki, and a wealth of brilliant Artifacts, Hearthstones, and other things.
- Lexicon of Elder Days
- A collaborative, constrained writing exercise.
- Some thoughts on how the sky works, very non-canon.
- More thoughts.
- This is different enough from IkselamInfernal that I've made a different page for it, though I owe him (and, more recently, DeathBySurfeit) a large debt of gratitude for giving me the inspiration and zanshin to work on this. This project and my MartialArts represent the massive majority of the Charms I have written.
- Ikselam started this collaborative fiction project; it is vachement chouette. I'm writing for it! Yay!
Rules & Ideas
- A way you could, in theory, differentiate the two.
- I think that, canonically, castemarks are a little dull.
- A unification for 'panoply' skills like Craft, Linguistics, and Melee.
- To simulate the "blaze of glory" at Exaltation.
- Exalted using the Nobilis diceless system.
- A system for "monster trainer" games.
- A shaped society.
- Using the MF as Fair Folk.
- Why 5MM Artifacts are shaped as they are.
- A definition of Independent Action Charms and the manner in which they Combo.
- Houserules for creating new Sidereal Charms.
- A counterpart for PassengerPigeon/AnimaPowers.
- What happens when you learn 40 styles, anyway?
- Stunting rethought.
- Making MA really, really universal.
A note on designing Charms: After you're written a Charm, read it and think about what the Charm Text says. Don't think about what you want it to mean. Just read the words. Change the words until they match the meaning that you were looking for. Designing Charms in this manner will result in better, clearer texts; if you think about them carefully enough, and realize what the consequences of a particular mechanic are too, then you may learn a thing or two about Charm balance in the process.
- Solar Charms I made for the CharmRelay.
- DB Charms I made for the CharmRelay.
- Sidereal Charms I made for the CharmRelay.
- Spiritual, demonic, and elemental Charms I made for the CharmRelay.
- Abyssal Charms I made for the CharmRelay.
- Lunar Charms I made for the CharmRelay.
I make a practice of designing structurally weird or experimental Martial Arts, following the precedent of the Prismatic Arangement of Creation Style. The vast majority of the Styles that follow are, among other things, meditations on the sheer possibility that characterizes Exalted Martial Arts, without stepping beyond the bounds of mystical combat technique.
- A very fire style, all red jade, mobility, theatrics and swords.
- Uh, a conversion.
- Kung fu Buddhist ballet.
- This is an experimental Martial Art, intended as an argument that Styles with abnormally long Essence spans are not as good as cherry-picking an equally large selection of Charms from multiple Styles. I am not sure that it worked out that way!
- This is an attempt to give Martial Arts a more videogamey feel, with Charms that can be chained together and made, with arbitrary flexibility, into virtual comboes.
- Working off notes by Balthasar.
- A reenvisioning. Numerological.
- A style that uses paired staffs.
- An answer to an informal challence from Telgar, this Style is designed to be used with Essence weaponry.
- An essay on how I create a Style, complete with my third House of Heaven art.
- A style for astrologers. Kinda wacky.
- A third style for astrologers. Less wacky than the others, but includes generous Easter eggs for the Chosen of Mercury.
- Well then.
- A second style for astrologers. Very wacky!
- A style with some funky pseudo-Buddhist imagery.
- In progress.
- A style with some aikido-inspired thoughts.
- A revision of the MartialArtsRelay exercise.
- A Melee tree in the spirit of MartialArts.
- A style for show-off Sidereals and so on.
- A martial shaping art!
- A Celestial precursor for the Charcoal March.
- My first attempt at a Sidereal Martial Art. It is intended to be wholly scary, and harmonize nicely with Persimmon Ocean.
- Another Siddy MA, this one features a parametric Form, and combines unhealthily well with Soul-Fire Shaper Form.
- A Terrestrial initiation.
- A Solar initiation.
- Only a few Charms so far.
- Some extensions of self-sufficient effects.
- These are predominantly Charms that improve the quality of attacks rather than their effectiveness, based on the fact that (other than Excellent Strike) such Charms are rare in the canon, which strikes me as odd.
- Uh, armour is dumb.
- This is just a beginning.
- Based on the idea that there is a division between "enhance my Abilities" magic and "fulfil my Caste role" magic.
- I don't like the asymmetry of Lunar capabilities canonically. So, new Charms.
- for Colapso
- For Sol Invictus.
- For Forbidden Places.
- For Task Force Creation.
- Four Sidereals battle the forces nibbling at the edges of Creation while trying to have interesting and meaningful lives.
Willows/IdeaPile: This is where I keep stuff that's hardly even in progress yet. If you have an idea to throw at me, just past a couple of lines in there; I'm not a layout nazi there like I am at most pages.
- For my to-be-started game.
- This is where I bitch about stuff. I will be glad to discuss my bitch with others, but generally this is matter-of-opinion stuff and it's not really productive to debate it.
- My Website
- This is where I post my game-design stuff; I have a little Exalted page here too.
Willows, I'm interested in creating a 2nd and 1st circle demon under Persine. If its not cool let me know and I'll take it down.