From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
== Note: I'm back. I was gone for a while. I apparently missed the memo about the move to the new site, so I've been checking back at the lensman URL. Fan-freakin'-tastic. Anyway, hey. ==
So, lots of people seem to put up little autobiographical tidbits on their UserPages, so I thought I'd share. My name is James Steinberg, though I go by Miedvied online(Russian for Bear; I was called Mishka (teddy bear) ever since I was little. I'm not so little now). I graduated Stuyvesant not too long ago, and I'm now headed over to Rutgers University, ready to major in biology (with plans of either going to medical school, doing a residency in general surgery, and a fellowship in neurosurgery, or going to dentistry school, getting a D.D.SMiedvied/M.D. in Oral Surgery, with a fellowship in plastic surgery.)
I don't have too many hobbies or obsessions; Exalted, working out, and occasionally skateboarding are just about it. School has always dominated so much of my time, and faltering health has, for the (short) duration of my life, always dominated what little free time I had left over. The only physical activity that I've ever been able to pursue despite my health problems has been working out, and I've been a three-hours-a-day gym-a-holic for about a year and a half now (though there was a lapse of about six months in there, due to a long period of hospitalization. blah.)
What else... What else...
Oh. Yeah. I'm a New Yorker. See? Rude and evil and pushy. That's what I must be.
Actually, I am rude and evil and pushy. Huh.
Huh. Oh. Yeah, I haven't used whimit in about ... forever ... now, but there are some pictures of me up there.
http:/www.miedvied.com is my new site. I'm moving pretty much all my roleplaying stuff there, including whatever's up here (though I'm not deleting this page.) Just a heads-up.
Reminder to self for concepts to write up:
-MnS: Guild mercenary guard
-MnS: Guild caravanserai garrison
-Invisible Fortress - demon-blooded solar-descendant
-Night-caste scourge of the underworld
-Romanesque gladiator (human, dynast, DB?)
-Guild Pharmacist (wood db)
Concept Trading : I'd like to see this become a cool new Wiki node. Come check out the page to see what it's about.
- Solar Archery Charms
- Snow Hunter Form Martial Arts : the Martial Art unique to the Shinzui Temple (see Setting Material)
- Lunar Pack Tactics Charms
- Misc. Lunar Charms
- Abyssal Lore Charms
- Solar Occult Charms
- Dragon-Blooded Charms
- Spellbook : My custom spells.
- The Mandogs : The servants of the abyssal necromancers. Even though this came about in our game at the hands of a Solar twilight.
- Pygmalio's Beloved : A tragic greek-style Lunar story, and the resultant creature loosed on Creation
- Bone Spear Artillery : Undead artillery battery.
- The Domovoi : A common household spirit, and a young Sidereal's writings on it.
- Myrkr Warrior
- Glade Witches : The elementals of ice and cruelty, remnants of a former lesser elemental dragon and the lover of Myrkr the Lunar.
- Omphalan, the City That Walks
- The Shinzui Temple : A lunar ninja death-cult in the frozen northern wastes.
- Future Exalted : A future exalted setting, with starship statistics.
- Cyberpunk Exalted : Rules adjustments and weapon stats for a cyberpunk/modern exalted.
- The Matrix : Rules adjustments for playing a Matrix game using Exalted rules.
- The Kruzky Empire : A mountain-ranging empire sprawled across a mountain range west of Whitewall and south of the Silent Meadow of Dust.
- Sayn : Character sheet for Sayn, the Shinzui Temple Smith
- Kylie : One of the leaders and foremost personalities at the Shinzui Temple
- Snowtooth : The Temple's second-in-command
- Icefoe : The current leader and teacher of the Shinzui Temple
- The Ninjas : Character sheets for the standard ghostly and mortal followers in the temple
- Jack Bones : A western-style gun-fu Solar.
- The Gallows : Jack Bones' god-blooded horse.
- Andrahi Sens : A travelling doctor and demon-hunter.
- Silver Branch : A haltan forest guardian.
- Ice Twice Fallen : A Sidereal anathema-hunter.
- Unbroken Frost : A Star-Blessed martial artist and amalgam.
- Havek : An autocthonian industrial rock star.
- Crevice of the Crimson Sea : A day-caste Abyssal pirate and killer being dragged kicking and screaming towards redemption, while faithfully serving his liege, The Lover Clad in Raiment of Tears.
- Malakai : The half-caste abyssal son of the Crevice of the Crimson Sea; doing his best to be the favored killer that his father is.
- Whisper of Silent Screams : The ghost-blooded bodyguard and half-brother of Malakai.
- Twinked Dusk-Caste : As an exercise in ... whatever ... I wrote up a perfect circle of Abyssals, at roughly one hundred XP a piece, if I were designing a circle to conquer Creation with. As it stands, I think they stand a good chance.
- Twinked Midnight-caste
- Twinked Daybreak-caste
- Twinked Day-caste
- Twinked Moonshadow-caste
- Grala's Joy : A haltan wild child, written by Hand-of-Omega of Alt.Games.Whitewolf
- Poisonous Blessing : The Saboteur of Faith, also by H-o-O, also known as Dex.
- Petros Feldspar : A Gemlord's warrior leader, also by Dex, 'cause he's the man.
- Red Fin : Heaven forgive me; a fae-blooded lintha lunar akuma.
- Pel Yusuf : Wyld-hunting fae-blooded in denial
- Haulden Kinett : A deep-cover Sidereal whose lost track of his true identity.
- Stalwart Wasteland Prince : A sidereal scion of Mnemon herself.
- High King Gunnar : The ruler of the Kruzky Empire
- Grizfeld : A hammer-wielding pit fighter in the Krutzky Empire
- Hugis : The eldest son of the High King Gunnar, and self-appointed bodyguard to his sister, the Princess
- Mina : The daughter of the High King Gunnar, prophetess and sorceress
- Myrkr : The legendary barbarian for whom the Myrkr are named.
- The Moon-Handed One : A lunar craftsman; the arts of civilization being reared in the wild reaches.
- Phaelon the Red Death : A Tiger-totem martial artist and wandering wise man
- Stavil the Artificer : A defender of Creation against the encroaching Wyld, and diplomat between the Celestial Bureaucracy and the courts of the Fae.
- Marcus Antonius : A No-Moon wanderer with a Typhus-spirit companion, who makes his living blackmailing Guild caravans and saving those in need from degenerate Little Gods.
- Joshua Finch : Wandering realm Magistrate, travelling with his son and enforcing the laws in the rough-and-tumble Threshold tributaries.
- Fading Ember : The scion of Joshua Finch and the abyssal Defiler of the Way, every day is closer to death as the purity of the Sun and the corruption of the Malfeans war in his soul.
- SpineBreaker : Guild Slave trainer
- Me : Writing myself up as an Exalt, 'cause, why not?
- Matoskah, the Learned Barbarian
- The Lightrider : Essence-punk hoverboards, essentially.
- Dual Ice Daggers : The signature weapon of the Shinzui monks
- The Night Shadows : A shapeshifting-oriented version of Warstriders.
- Bladeless Swords : Lightsabers of sorts.
- Woodhome Defender : A seed that sprouts into an instant guardian.
- Lunar Tattoo Artifacts : A series of tattoos that function as artifacts.
- Crystalline Defense Matrix
- Badge of Communion : Artifacts very commonly issued to groups of Sidereal agents.
- Ring of Master Yun : A powerful ring passed on from great martial art Masters to Students in an unbroken chain of tutelage through all the history of Creation.
- A link to a character creation crib sheet
- If We Destroy the Underworld : Some possibilities on what would happen if one managed to bring fate to the Underworld; and destroyed it. Mostly just thinking out loud, but I welcome additions / comments / thoughts and so on very much.
- Dragon-Blooded Combat Techniques : As inspired by Mailanka.
- Spirit Charm Crib Sheet : Just an outline of the various spirit charms, their basic effects and costs and so on, as well as a blank spirit cs. It helps me write up new Little Gods without having to sit there with a half-dozen books spread out in front of me.
- Miedvied : L, M(1), M(2), M(3), N, Q , Z : Lexicon Contributions
- Vines : Exalted Sports, originating in the forests of the Haltan, and popular sport in the Blessed Isle.
- Escaping Fate : A short semi-rant on how Exalts escape sidereal astrology and fate.
- Discusson on whether the Deathlords could conquer Yu Shan
Links (or: Other Pages I Like To Have A Quick Link To)
- The Mail and Steel Units Page
- Power Combat 101
- Mail and Steel 101
- Stephen Lea Sheppard's amazing Exalted maps
- Nimrod's Roleplaying Resources - including character sheets
- Alabrax's resource-rich Exalted site
- The Mortal from Hell
For what it's worth, I always figured you were a guy. ;) --dissolvegirl
I'm flattered, hehe. I guess it would be more clear to people if I made it clear that my username is my Russian nickname, and translates roughly to Grizzly Bear. - Miedvied
I too, always thought you were one. -BogMod
Who didn't think you were male? _Ikselam
Shaitana said I was a most excellent woman for trying to contribute to the Lexicon, after her pointing out it's going defunct. I'll remove the sticky on the Recent Changes page once she replies, so I know she's seen it. - Miedvied
You know, you could have left a note on my UserPage or something rather than publicly humiliating me. :P At any rate, I think I mixed you up with someone with a similar username. My apologies, again.
PS: It's Shataina.
PPS: I took the liberty of removing your note.