From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
I've been playing Exalted since it came out and fussing around with it the whole time. At the moment, I'm converting my old 1E charms to 2E; mainly, by adding conversion notes below the 1E charms, so both versions are available. All new charms will be exclusively 2E, though.
Charm Count for personal obsession: 803 Solar + 1 Lunar + 166 Dragon-Blooded + 14 Alchemical = 984 net charms. Charm count is being reorganized; only fully converted 2E stuff counts. Will be some redundancy for a bit. Note to self-- you removed the count for Transcendent Prowesses already
- General (5)
- SolarExcellency/IsawaBrian - Some general progression Charms (5 charms)
- Dawn (347)
- SolarArchery/IsawaBrian - "Completing" the Archery Tree. (64 Charms)
- SolarBrawl/IsawaBrian - Hercules, Tavern-Brawler style stuff. My favorite new charm list. (Obsolete, moved to Martial Arts)
- MartialArts/CrusadingUnicornStyle - Silk and steel, fury and grace; untamed power from without Creation turned to defense against its worst enemies. (9 Charms)
- MartialArts/HarmoniousSolarWarriorStyle - The transcendent power of the Dawn Lotus. Not 100% sure on this; C&C greatly appreciated. (14 Charms)
- MartialArts/HungryRaptorStyle - A dangerous style based on rapid strikes and constant movement. (11 Charms)
- MartialArts/NaturalSolarCharms - Natural developments of the Unconquered Hero and Solar Hero Styles (65 Charms)
- MartialArts/UnconquerableHeroStyle - The rough and ready style of a Solar brawler, in the second edition (9 charms)
- SolarMelee/IsawaBrian - Lots, and lots, and lots of Melee ideas. (103 Charms)
- SolarThrown/IsawaBrian - Javelins of the Sun himself! (51 Charms)
- SolarWar/IsawaBrian - The glory of the Sun's own armies. (21 Charms)
- Zenith (161)
- SolarEndurance/IsawaBrian - Energizing the Solars -- Obsolete, dispersed into Integrity & Resistance, others
- SolarIntegrity/IsawaBrian - The holy will of the Solars cannot be denied on the face of Creation (26 charms)
- SolarPerformance/IsawaBrian - Priestly Solar Charms. These are my weakest, I think- C&C? (26 Charms)
- SolarPresence/IsawaBrian - Holiness and Army Leading; some Mail & Steel interactions (40 Charms)
- SolarResistance/IsawaBrian - A plethora of ways to make you tougher- Permanent Charms, Hardness, post-Damage Soak (44 Charms)
- SolarSurvival/IsawaBrian - More hunting! (25 Charms)
- Twilight (131)
- SolarCraft/IsawaBrian - Dealing with (IMO) the stupid craft rules. (27 Charms)
- SolarInvestigation/IsawaBrian - Holmes, Mindreading, and Illusion-breaking (25 Charms)
- SolarLore/IsawaBrian - Research, Memory Palace Charms and some mental discipline Charms (27 Charms)
- SolarMedicine/IsawaBrian - Powerful regeneration charms. (21 Charms)
- SolarOccult/IsawaBrian - ... I can't really explain these. (31 Charms)
- Night (65)
- SolarAthletics/IsawaBrian - Quicker than a ray of light, lighter than a feather (14 Charms)
- SolarAwareness/IsawaBrian - Nothing escapes the vision of the Unconquered Sun (10 Charms)
- SolarDodge/IsawaBrian - A few spiffy new dodge effects (14 Charms)
- SolarLarceny/IsawaBrian - Dirty Deeds and Dishonest Dicing (17 Charms)
- SolarStealth/IsawaBrian - Mastery of the art of invisibility. (10 Charms)
- Eclipse (100)
- SolarBureaucracy/IsawaBrian - To control the desks-- and to become immune to paperwork. (16 Charms)
- SolarLinguistics/IsawaBrian - Mastery of all the tongues of Creation, and beyond (19 Charms)
- SolarRide/IsawaBrian - Trying to make the Ride Tree *worth* buying into. (35 Charms)
- SolarSail/IsawaBrian - Fleshing out the (IMO) weak Sail tree. (19 Charms)
- SolarSocialize/IsawaBrian - The dangerous warmth of a Solar heart... (11 Charms)
- LunarBodyEnhancement/IsawaBrian - Pretty much for humor only. (1 Charm)
- DragonBloodedEndurance/IsawaBrian - The eternal nature of the Earth (14 Charms)
- DragonBloodedResistance/IsawaBrian - The strong bastion of the Dynasty (14 Charms)
- DragonBloodedBrawl/IsawaBrian - The subtlety and strength of Water in combat. (14 Charms)
- DragonBloodedBureaucracy/IsawaBrian - Just a few little tricks for the Dynastic Bureaucrat (5 Charms)
- DragonBloodedInvestigation/IsawaBrian - Oh, ah, and just one more question, ma'am... (15 Charms)
- DragonBloodedLarceny/IsawaBrian - Cutting through the world like a shark among the fishes. (14 Charms)
- DragonBloodedSail/IsawaBrian - The Masters of Water, in their home environment. (9 Charms)
- DragonBloodedArchery/IsawaBrian - Trick shots and swift bows. (27 Charms)
- DragonBloodedMedicine/IsawaBrian - Healing magic-- and the addictive corruption of House Cynis (27 Charms)
- DragonBloodedPerformance/IsawaBrian - Graceful, entertaining-- and deadly. (8 Charms)
- DragonBloodedRide/IsawaBrian - Close to nature and close to their mounts, the ultimate cavalry soldiers. (10 Charms)
- DragonBloodedSurvival/IsawaBrian - Lords of their Woodland homes-- and stranger environments besides. (9 Charms)
- AlchemicalCloseCombat/IsawaBrian - The crushing might and deadly speed of the Machine God's Exalted (6 Charms)
- AlchemicalSensoryandSpiritual/IsawaBrian - The dedicated surveillance of the Great Maker's Chosen (8 Charms)
After reading one too many C&P jobs, and one too many repeats of Walking Outside Fate's little Keyword... comprehension issues, I came up with the following joke Keyword (that could probably apply to several of my own Charms):
Keyword: Inconceivable. This Keyword represents the fact that this Charm includes (or excludes) mechanics that its author does not understand, and its editors failed to correct. The fact that this Keyword is generally missing from those charms is further evidence of its applicability.
I like to challenge myself, and I'm one of those obsessive freaks who actually likes doing Achievements in WOW, or even making up my own handicaps. So I've laid out a series of projects for myself. I'm working on this in roughly this order, though points 1-4 are sort of happening simultaneously. This doesn't include the (currently stalled for 2 months :( ) Secret Project.
- (1) Reconversions: Take Charms (canon and my own) that were not converted to 2E and write either:
- Mechanical conversions-- bring them in line with 2E rules, so my players can use them-- or...
- Thematic conversions (ranging from the same effect within a different framework to taking the name and going from there).
- Mechanical conversions do not count for the obsessicount.
- (2) Charm Expansions: Taking each Charm (where possible) in the 2E core rules and writing a permanent Charm to expand it.
- The permanent Charms that expand earlier Charms have been popping up since the Core, but Infernals really showed the potential for it.
- Sadly, Solars, since they're always written first, don't usually benefit from the cool ideas that develop as the line do; I'm going to try to give them some of that Neat.
- (3) Clean up the Charm Banyans by making subpages for any Ability that has more than 20 Charms.
- (4) Clear my backlog of Solar Charm ideas.
- (5) Convert DB-Charms
- (6) Clear my backlog of DB Charm ideas
- (7) Clear my backlog of TMA ideas
- (8) Clear my backlog of Lunar Charm ideas
- (9) Clear my backlog of CMA ideas
- (10) Clear my backlog of SMA ideas
- IsawaBrian/NoFirstAge - What if there had been no First Age?
- IsawaBrian/VirtuePaths - A short future history for the development of a methodology for defeating the Great Curse.
- IsawaBrian/Celestines - To me, they're beyond Essence 10-- and weird.
- IsawaBrian/ExaltedModern - Been kicking this around in my head for a while
- IsawaBrian/RepairIsStupid - Or, why I'm bringing Notoriety back against my will into 2E.
It's nice to see someone else working on good Terrestrial Charms. You've done good work! Maybe you can work on Performance? It makes me draw blanks. Stupid wood-based Performance...should be in Fire... - Telgar
- I grin. :) Thanks. Actually, yes, Wood is next on the DB list; my partner in a DB game is Wood-- and Performance-main for that matter. I don't have much unique planned for Performance, yet; I'm sure things will occur to me as I go. I only had 5 ideas for Sail when I started writing those today, after all. But you should see the lists I have for Archery and Medicine. ^_^ -- IsawaBrian
Archery and Medicine are a snap. I've got bunches for both. They're fun. - Telgar
Not sure where else to ask this. My Charm mangroves-- *cough* trees-- have become rather large at this point, and I'm thinking about separating them into subtypes-- melee might get separated into Attack, Damage, Defense, Extra Action and Weird subpages, for example. Is this a Best Practice for charms or should I look into something else? If it is the best practice, how do I make it so that each page is a subpage of the original link to my Charms of that Ability type-- or should I create them in a different way? Thanks for your time--IsawaBrian
Read the "What should I name a new page?" on the HowDoIDoThat page. If still not sure what to do, ask again here. - Wordman Whoops. I did read that part, but was sort of despairing by number six and missed it. I'm still not sure what to do, but I'm moving this to my User Page. Thanks! --IsawaBrian
So, back over to here. I read the "What should I name a new page" part even before my first question; I suppose I should have looked deeper into it. What I want to know is:
- (a) Is sub-paging a good idea in the first place and then
- (b) if so, what's the best way to go about doing it.
- Looking at the SilverMasks example has me a bit skeptical of my way to go forward; I think the idea I'm getting is that there should either be a new top page: (de-wikified to not create page clutter) Solar Melee Isawa Brian slash attack or defense or whatever, or to pull them off my page-- IsawaBrian slash Solar Melee Attack etc. etc. If I do that, I think my course of action would be to include a link to a linking page off SolarMelee and here.
(my thoughts separated to create separate answer possibilities)--IsawaBrian
- Hey, I wanted to thank you for writing all of those charms. I've never really sat down and looked through the trees - perhaps because of their Banyan-like scale, but those are great. I've only got through brawl so far, but I'm going to read them all. Anyways, I would think Isawabrian slash solarmeleeattack would be a delightful solution; and then the solarmelee/isawabrian can be a convenient link list. Thanks for the charms, TheHoverpope.
- Oh, thank you. Yes, I've noticed their *cough* interdependent root system. I'm mostly doing reconversions right now, but when I get bored with that, I'm working on doing Melee first, since it's the biggest one. It's just getting tedious adding links to prereq charms. I'd love to hear what you think about any/all of them!-- IsawaBrian