Traits are those things that make up a character. For the most part this page is just a smaller categorization of the main page to keep things pretty.
Primary Traits are things that get rolled
- Attribute Rules - What a character is, at her core, capable of.
- Virtue Rules - Virtues represent the aspects of the character's will.
- Conviction - A character's drive and determination to persue what she has set her mind to
- Sacrifice - A character's compassion and willingness to give up a part of herself for others and her goals
- Temperance - A character's judgment and ability to remain cool in the most heated of moments
- Valor - A character's bravery and strength to stand in the face of overwhelming opposition
- Essence - The strength of the very substance that a character is made of
Secondary Traits are things that all characters have, but are never rolled
- Size and Mentality
- Size is how physically large a being is.
- Mentality is how complex a sentient's mind is
- Health and Resilience
- Health is the raw meat of a character. How much they can take before not being able to take any more.
- Resilience is how much must be applied to actually harm a character
- Integrity and Resolve
- Integrity is a character's mental stability, ability to correlate and accomodate conflicting thoughts, and so on
- Resolve is her resistance to such things - the ability to overcome a problem outright.
- Foundations - What a character stands for. Her opinions are not neutral on some topics, and are harder to sway.
Tertiary Traits traits modify the characteristics of the character.
- Knacks - Knacks are a bit like specialties, but instead of granting bonuses, they negate a penalty in limited context.
- Specialties - Specialties add dice to roll in specific contexts or otherwise modify an attribute for a single purpose
- Merits - Various effects that don't quite add up to knacks or specialties.
- Flaws - Not so beneficial things that may be inflicted upon you.
- Flaws do not grant immediate xp, but instead allow for the player to overcome additional challenges because of it, for which the storyteller may award more experience.
- Mutations - A subset of Merits and Flaws, kinda.
Backgrounds - Backgrounds are things that a character earns, through inheritance, force, or friendship.