From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
Specialties work a lot like normal, except there are a few changes:
- Celestial Exalted may not purchase Specialties
- A character may only have a number of Specialties equal to the sum total of her Virtues.
- A character may only apply as many specialties to a roll as her permanent Essence or applicable Virtue.
There are two kinds of specialties. One increases the number of dice rolled for a specific task, the other increases the value of the Attribute for a specific purpose. The basic concept is the same, however. Sample specialties follow, divided by Ability.
- Specific Craft
- Poetry (and other 'expressive' writing)
- Medicine (advanced remedies)
- Animal Handling
- Fast Lips
- Making Friends
- Picking Locks
- Reading Lips
- Archery: Horseback
- Archery: Target
- Archery: Volley
And so on. The above is by no means a complete list, just a general idea of how broad such things should be.