This page is intended to allow for a convenient place to design various awful things that Abyssal necromancers can create and bring to unholy life for participation in your game!
- back to Creatures
Since there aren't a lot of guidelines here, I'll outline the format that I intend to follow for specific war machines (which should each be on their own subpage off this page). Variant necro-stuff based off Labryinth or Void Circle versions of Walking War Machine should also be placed on this page (though such is, of course, non-canon). In fact, basically any Abyssal-created monstrosity should be listed here.
I recommend that any exotic components that might be required be detailed in the description, including "interesting" corpses and underworld/labryinth type things. List the number of successes needed on the Intelligence + Craft (Necrosurgery) roll, and possibly the difficulty as well. For ease of reference, include a note on the mote cost of the Walking War Machine (WWM) (number of successes x 5 motes, according to the text), if your thing is a Walking War Machine at all.
Finally, write up the statistics for the thing itself and possibly any special abilities or simple powers it has.
Specific User-Created Abyssal Monstrosities
- Abyssal Man-Dogs : The results of Necrosurgery on still-living men. - Miedvied
- Bone Spear -- A walking siege machine with a nasty phallic addendum. - Miedvied
- Bonespike Catapult - A walking siege engine that manufactures javelins from corpses. -Dorchadas
- WalkingWarMachines/CorpseGrinder - a massive slug-like beast that devours corpses on the battle-field, saving them for later necromantic use. (CrownedSun)
- WalkingWarMachines/FellBeast - A flying troop transport, capable of quickly advancing units to the front -Dorchadas
- Ooze Spitter - a varient on the Bonespike Catapult designed for anti-personnel use. - Darloth
- WalkingWarMachines/ShamblingHorror - An enormous monstrosity, crushing all in its path -Dorchadas
It freaking rocks that so many people took to the WWM's! :D I particularly like the Bonespike, and the Shambling Horror, but they're all very cool. I need to post my Tower of Flesh and Pincushion at some point, so other people can use 'em.
Reorg: I'm blatantly putting all necromancy-created horrors on this page, even if not specifically war machines, etc.