From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
This page is devoted to alternate backgrounds, houseruled backgrounds, background discussions, etc.
- back to WikiContent.
Houseruled versions of canon backgrounds
People come up with new and better ways of using Exalted's backgrounds fairly frequently; here's a list of houseruled background systems.
- Expanded Backing Rules - For a more complex way of using Backing to requisition needed supplies.
- Heru/ModifiedCultBackground - A work in progress expansion to the Cult rules.
- BogMod/FamiliarChanges - My own hand at a modified set of Familiar rules.
- CrownedSun's Familiar System -- a Familiar-building system that uses point-based powers
- DeadManSeven's Expanded Familiars -- A slight modification of the Familiars background to bring them more into line with Backgrounds like Artifact and Manse.
- FrivYeti's Familiars - A system of general familiar construction.
- Szilard's Familiar Revision -- a free-form, effects-based familiar build system
- Family - this DB background seems to mesh with some of the martyr uses of DB charms (if your character's ancestors used them) here is how.
- Shataina's Manse Creation System -- No one ever makes cool Manses when they take the "Manse" background; they just take cool Hearthstones and often forget about the "giant magical house" part entirely. This system, vaguely based on the Artifact creation system in "S&S", is intended to help people make interesting and fun Manses.
- Coridan's Mentor Background - A system that reduces XP costs based on a character's mentor.
- Gyro's Lawyers, Guns and Money: Exalted Resources 2.5
The Resources system, especially when detailed further in Manacle and Coin, is all kinds of messed up. Here's my formulation for what the values and such are most likely meant to be when detailed by its confused authors.
- Charlequin's Manacle and Coin Chart Replacement
This chart is designed to replace the one in Manacle & Coin. It's real nice.
- Area Lore - Knowledge and familiarity with certain regions.
- Bastions - a new type of Artifact-Manse hybrid designed to create lairs and ancient fortresses with vast powers in and of themselves. - Telgar
- Disciple- A Former Flaw that I thought had potential as a background- Enchantress
- Exposure - Your character has been exposed to facets of Creation and knows more than the layman.
- Feature - Your character has a particular location or object that makes life easier.
- Illumination for Cultists in Second Edition.
- Laboratory - A Background for mortals or slumming Exalts that represents the results of mortal geomancy at work. Goes a bit against what cannon suggests mortal geomancy be capable of. - Greymane
- Legends - The unique powers of Heroes!
- Sorcery for Second Edition.
- Starstriders - Owning weapons of massive size.
- Thaumaturgy- Some encouragement for Exalts to learn the mortal arts- Enchantress
- Weave - A raksha-only Background that starts faeries with increased shaping capability at birth. -DarkheartOne
- Seiraryu/Wizardry - Like the Sorcery background, but stronger.