From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
Hello and welcome! Now that this is in the "pages with content" section of the Wiki, I should probably give a more complete introduction, but I'm not entirely sure what introduction there is to give. I'm a big Exalted fan and am swiftly learning this whole "wiki" thing; like most gamers, I enjoy rambling about my games and ideas, so here's my stuff.
Right now I'm only running one game, an online freeform casual IRC room set in the Exalted universe. I got a Wiki UserPage just to host its writeup -- the #Creation FAQ. Not exciting stuff for anyone not in the game, but hey.
There's also now a tentative page for my soon-to-begin tabletop game, Hazy Shade of Winters, which I fully expect to be pretty explosively bizarre. Not much there right now, but there will eventually be character sheets and synopses.
Here's the really rambly, self-indulgent part of this page: the writeup for Blood River Running, a.k.a. Ainan Sosostren, my current tabletop PC. He's a Changing Moon Lunar involved in an ongoing desperate attempt to save Creation. (Dull surprise, huh?) His character sheet is up now, but the full backstory/campaign rambles are still forthcoming.
Also, I have some random, thus-far-unplayed character builds -- only two so far, but there'll likely be more forthcoming:
- Kep-tah Standing Stone, Full Moon Lunar with a peaceful disposition and an incredible capacity for taking pain
- Ledaal Lazar, a skilled sorcerer but lesser light of the Dynast social scene
Also, I do like challenges, so here are the results thus far:
Critters and Antagonists and Plot-Shaped Content, Oh My!
This is where I keep everything that isn't a character build, basically. It's various strange ideas rolled into one section.
First of all, I have a few custom DeathLords that I feel like sharing with the masses:
- Dust and Ash of Slaughtered Empire, a ruler over the dead who is not what he appears to be
Note: His writeup might be a while, as my inner critic has declared Dust and Ash to be "Bodhisattva in a funny hat"; thus, he's going back to the drawing board. Mea culpa.
- Rusted Shackles of Blasphemy, a wraith of surpassing power and anger, bound by his own hubris
Other chunks of random:
- The Five Directions Bears, a strange example of fantastic fauna
- The Legion of Roses, a semi-serious idea spawned by a challenge on CharacterRelay. Why not?
- AbyssalCraft/AntiVehicleRocket is the page for my first attempt at a custom Charm tree. It's Abyssal Craft/Lore and is based on crafting using the five corpse-elements. It's still in beta and isn't exactly a "tree" yet, but it'll get there.
- MartialArts/JudiciousRevenantStyle -- What would Righteous Devil Style be if it was Abyssal instead of Solar? Possibly something like this. Bring on the Day Caste gunslingers!
- AntiVehicleRocket/AboutMe is just your typical bio page, for those who feel a driving need to know more about the story, the myth, the mystery that is "Anti-Vehicle Rocket." This also includes my ramblings about the Exalted universe and wiki design.
- AntiVehicleRocket/PetPeeves is my obligatory page of irritations I have with the system. Most of these are related to E:L, since playing a Lunar PC has given me a new awareness of all the strange design choices of that particular splat.
A few random shout-outs to my peeps:
- Will has content up now! Hooray!
- Ben-San has no content yet but is also awesome.
- Tiffa is also very rad, but I can't think of a good blurb for him.
- DarkheartOne is fierce and mysterious. YES.
29 August 2004 -- Ye gods, content! I got crazy, wrote the beginning of an Abyssal Charm tree, and linked to it here. My life is excitement.
25 August 2004 -- the beginning of the actual "changelog" section. The page is reorganized and made prettier as I attempt to get it ready for prime time.
Comments and Discussion
Wow, how in the heck did I forget this? Ah, well. I'm still getting this place into shape, but enjoy what's here, and feel free to bug me. -- AVR