Exalted Beach Volleyball -- Live!
The log of the IRC game played on 04/30/04. There is also a prose version.
<Bog_Mod> Today's game happens down in the sunny southeast on one of the lovely beachs of An-Teng. The sun is high in the sky, a net set up and you ladies have found the handsome Situro to be the referee for this match. On Team A is the modest spearmaiden Yieng, wearing a lovely blue one piece with shorts on over them. Also on her team is Wistful Dream, a young faeblood from wavecrest in a stunning palegold skirt bikini.
<Bog_Mod> One team two we have Melody, a young abyssal from the east in a dark thong bikini, pale skin not burning or tanning in the hot sun. Her teamate is Kyumi, who has come to this game in a red skirt and bikini and of course her everpresent smile. Who will win todays game!? Who will be the champion!? Situro throws teh ball to Kyumi for her to start off the game.
- Kyumi blinks. "Me...?" She looks nervously at the Abyssal, and then serves!
- Kyumi nods at the cute guy, and then tosses the ball up in the air, and then serves. Hopefully she doesn't 'accidentally' hit the Abyssal...
<Bog_Mod> Roll your serve then.
<Kyumi> Dex +Ath?
<Kyumi> !ex 5
<Yieng> In #dice
<Kyumi> Brain broken.
- Dream frowns prettily in concentration, barely saving!
- Yieng dashes forward as the ball sails up into the air. "Hyah!" With a shout, she leaps up and spikes the ball.
- Dream flashes a brief smile to her teammate.
- Yieng makes a light three-point landing as the ball craters the sand across the net.
- Kyumi mutters something about Abyssals.
- Dream blushes and takes it timidly, eyeing it as if it were a land mine. "Here goes nothing.."
- Yieng squints into the sun as she shuffles to the side, positioning herself in the path of the oncoming ball.
<Dream> Aquatic eyes flash with purpose as the changeling's lithe form springs forward to attack the ball with surprising ferocity.
- Melody raises her fist in defiance of the Sun above, then uses said fist to send the ball gracefully spiralling towards the other team.
<Bog_Mod> Over it goes, heading towards the lovely blue haired girl.
- Dream chews her lip momentarily, positioning herself beneath the ball's graceful arc and prepares to float it to Yieng.
- Yieng rolls over onto her back, pulls her legs up to her chest, and lithely kip-ups -- then immediately pushes off from the ground, her long hair streaming out behind her as she backflip-kicks the ball over the net!
<Bog_Mod> The very air around the ball ripples from teh intensity of the strike before firing like a cannon towards the ground!
- Limpet_Mod (~Darus@as-mel-1-44.ozonline.com.au) has joined channel #exaltedbeachvolleyball
<Limpet_Mod> I miss anything?
- Limpet_Mod is now known as Situro
- Bog_Mod is ~Darus@as-mel-3-73.ozonline.com.au (sdfk)
- Bog_Mod has is a registered nick
- on channels: @#dice #exaltedbeachvolleyball #wod @#pvpexalted
- on irc via server linuxguy.magicstar.net (linuxguy.magicstar.net)
- Bog_Mod has been idle 2 minutes, signed on at Fri Apr 30 21:42:30 2004
<Situro> [is BM]
<Yieng> Appears distracted.
<Yieng> By return I meant save
- Yieng blushes prettily.
- Signoff: Bog_Mod (Ping timeout)
<Situro> 5 base, so needs to dice
- Situro is now known as Bog_Mod
- Jydan (Jydan@dsc06-wai-dc-207-93-139-128.rasserver.net) has joined channel #exaltedbeachvolleyball
- Signoff: Kyumi (Ping timeout)
- Melody takes a step back, then leaps forward, turning deftly in mid-air to kick the ball almost straight down, very close to the net.
- Yieng tosses her head, sand cascading out of her shining black topknot to fall around her as she smoothly jumps up and swats the ball back across the net.
- Dream giggles conspiratorily.
- Melody raises an eyebrow.
- Yieng closes her eyes briefly, centering herself. Then... "RISING SUN FIERY METEOR SERVE!" She steps forward, leaps, and sends the ball whizzing over the net.
- Melody half-catches it on the back of one hand, balancing it delicately as she spins. "Um... Here Comes The Ball Attack." And the return!
- Jydan is now known as Kyumi
<Bog_Mod> It seems like darkness coils around the ball like an inky doom as the ball is returned with all the inevitability of death.
- Melody looks quite satisfied with the attack.
<Dream> "Graceful--" Dream's words stumble into a shriek of surprise as the ball hurtles toward her, but her legs and arms remain steady as she tries to send the ball gently to Yieng. Mostly, she is simply proud that she's not covering her face with her hands.
- Melody bows gracefully as she accepts the ball.
- Dream shoots a helpless, apologetic look to her teammate.
<Bog_Mod> While basic, she strategically aims the ball for a not properly defended patch causing the other side to scramble!
<Dream> Remembering her teammate's words, Dream refuses to allow her recent failure to cloud her thought. She moves with the swiftness of thought to the barren patch of sand, her lovely face set in grim determination!
- Yieng smiles as she sees Dream's perfect set arc through the air. She carefully positions herself, crouches, and springs to meet the ball as it plummets downward. With a deceptively light touch, she redirects its course, adding her own strength to its momentum. The ball flies down toward the sand, barely crossing the top of the net.
- Kyumi dives... fancy like!
- Yieng draws an expectant breath as it looks like Kyumi will make the save, then lets it out in relief as the other Solar just misses.
<Kyumi> "You made me miss!"
- Kyumi kicks deadly sand at him!
- Melody rolls her eyes, then notices the serve. Leaping up and back, she stops the ball with her chest, before delicately kneeing it towards her teammate.
- Kyumi smiles at the crowd, giving them the peace sign, quickly balling her hand into a fist and slamming it up over the net