From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
- SeeXerExaltedLite/Advancement Rules for XP costs.
- XerExaltedLite/Backgrounds are not specifically listed, as they will vary widely. Minor Characters will typically posess 5 xp worth of Backgrounds, and Major 10 xp, unless otherwise specified. Backgrounds, naturally, do not need to be trained for.
Specific Creation rules
Creation Template for Major Characters
Step One: Choose Name, Concept, and Nature.
Step Two: Assign given experience points to yourXerExaltedLite/Attributes, or choose scores from an array.
Step Three: ChooseXerExaltedLite/Abilities from an array, or divide given xp between them. Abilities begin at 0.
Step Four: NoteXerExaltedLite/Backgrounds
- Choose Virtues by array or assign given xp between them.
- Record permanent Essence
- Record beginning Willpower
- Health levels are (Essence + Brawn + Might) x 3 (unless Small or Large).
- ApplyXerExaltedLite/Merits andXerExaltedLite/Flaws as desired.
Apply Free Experience Points, plus those gained from Training, Knowledge or Experience. No Trait may be raised above 5 without Legendary (or 10 for Willpower).
Xp not allocated when designing a character is not lost, but added to the free experience spendable at the end.
Creation Template for Minor Characters
- ChooseXerExaltedLite/Attributes by array, or assign given xp to attributes, with a minimum of 1. No score may be raised above 4.
- ChooseXerExaltedLite/Skills - either by array or by assigning given xp. Commoners do not get Abilities. No score may be raised above 4.
- Choose Virtues. Either by array or by assigning given xp. No score may be raised above 4.
- Health levels are (Essence + Brawn + Sturdy Skill) x 3 (unless Small or Large).
- Extras merely have 1 health level.
- Record permanent Essence (1) and Willpower (2 or as given).
- ApplyXerExaltedLite/Merits andXerExaltedLite/Flaws as appropriate. Some are not applicable to Commoners.
- Apply Experience Points, plus those gained from the Experience, Knowledge, or Training Backgrounds. No Trait may be raised above four (or Willpower above 8). Essence may not be raised.
- Commoners may not purchase Abilities or Specialties.