Patient Stabilization Technique</b>
<b>Cost: 3 motes Duration: Instant Type: Simple (5/-1) Keywords: Combo-Basic, Touch Minimum Medicine:4 Minimum Essence: 3 Prerequisite Charms:: Contagion-Curing Touch
Through the use of this charm a Lawgiver is capable of giving even the most mortally wounded of patients a chance at survival. The Exalt channels his essence through the focus of his medical training fortifying the body of his patient. If the Solar succeeds at a Wits+Medicine roll, he cures his patient of infection and halts any bleeding. In addition, if the patient is dying, he is restored to his incapacitated health level.
New Morning’s Resuscitation</b>
<b>Cost: 8 motes, 1 wp Duration: Instant Type: Simple (7/-2) Keywords: Obvious, Touch Minimum Medicine: 5 Minimum Essence: 4 Prerequisite Charms:: Wound Mending Care Technique, Patient Stabilization Technique
Even those patients whose bodies have nothing left to give may not be beyond the reach of a skilled Lawgiver. Using his skills as a focus and his body as a conduit, the Solar Exalt channels golden Solar essence into his patient, causing their body to glow internally with a warm light and shocking their systems back into function. The Solar makes a Wits+Medicine roll equal to the number of ticks that have passed since the target’s death divided by two. If he succeeds, the target recovers to his first dying health level after which his status will continue to degrade normally unless other measures are taken. This charm automatically fails if a number of ticks have passed since the target’s death equal to his (Willpower + Essence)x2.
Blessing of Celestial Relief</b>
<b>Cost: 1m per bashing level, 2m per lethal Duration: Instant Type: Simple Keywords: Combo Basic, Obvious, Touch Minimum Medicine: 5 Minimum Essence: 4 Prerequisite Charms:: Anointment of Miraculous Health
Often times in crisis situations a physician does not have the necessary time to perform proper treatments and yet his patients must be back on their feet and in prime shape. Through use of this charm a Lawgiver and temporarily mend the bodies of his comrades in emergency situations, infusing their flesh with Solar essence to make it whole again. When activating this charm, the character rolls Wits + Medicine; for each success rolled he may remove either two bashing wounds or one lethal wound from his target. He pays 1 mote for each bashing wound removed and 2 motes per each lethal wound. These wounds are removed from the target’s health track as if they had never occurred. This removal is only temporary, however, and after a number of hours per point of the treating character’s Essence elapse, all of the removed damage is immediately and unavoidably returned to the patient’s health track. An additional level of unsoakable lethal damage is also inflicted due to the shock of the damage’s return. A patient may have a total of up to their Stamina x3 in health levels removed through combined applications of this charm.
Distillation of the Omnipotent Solar Tonics</b>
<b>Cost: varies Duration: Essence in Days Type: Simple Keywords: Minimum Medicine: varies Minimum Essence: varies Prerequisite Charms:: varies
A skilled Lawgiver apothecary is capable of making a wide variety tonics and elixirs through the use of this charm. Each draught is handcrafted and infused with a portion of the Solar’s might. The tonics created by this charm persist for a number of days equal to the Exalt’s essence or until he ceases to commit essence to them, whichever is shorter. It takes a day’s work to brew a single tonic. When the Solar first purchases this charm, it comes with a single recipe. Additional recipes may be purchased for 5xp or 4xp if medicine is a favored ability. The effects of a tonic persist for a scene or an hour, whichever is more appropriate. Below are some examples of Tonics that might be crafted by this charm. Minimum stats to learn a particular recipe are denoted as (Medicine/Essence), then pre-requite charms or recipes if any, followed by the cost to create the tonic.
- Bliss of the Violet- 3/3, Touch of Blissful Release, 2 motes’’’- This light and fragrant elixir removes the sting from wounds and the edge from aches, inflicting a slight euphoria in the process. Reduce the drinker’s wound penalties by ½.
- Dandelion’s Bitter Draught- 4/3, Touch of Blissful Release, 4 motes- This syrupy elixir is bitter to taste and when drunk fills the drinker with a cloudy numbness. Reduce all wound penalties by 4 and inflict a 1 point external penalty on all of the character’s actions.
- Nightshade’s Absence- 5/4, Dandelion’s Bitter Draught, 8 motes- Sickeningly sweet is the taste of this elixir, verging on the fringe of rottenness. Those who partake will find themselves hurled from their flesh into a realm of distracting delusions. The drinker ignores all wound penalties and Incapacitated, but suffers from 3 point of external penalties to all actions.
- Heritage of the Wasp- 4/3, Body Purifying Admonition, 4 motes- A murky distillation, taking a draught of this slightly fermented tonic bolsters a person’s resistance to toxic substances. Roll Intelligence + Medicine when crafting this tonic and tally the successes rolled. Add half that number as bonus successes to any rolls the drinker makes to resist the effects of a poison. No more success than the Exalt’s essence may be granted by this tonic.
- Sun’s Searing Antivenin-5/4, Heritage of the Wasp, 6 motes- This frothy tonic is always warm to the touch. When drunk it courses through the drinker literally burning the toxins from his system. All non-magical poisons are immediately purged from drinker’s system. For each toxin removed, the drinker suffers an unsoakable level of lethal damage.
- Ever Versatile Inoculation- 4/3, Ailment Rectifying Method, 4 motes- This tonic is a thin, tannin heavy liquid with excellent fortifying properties. Roll Intelligence + Medicine when crafting this tonic and tally the successes rolled. Add half that number as bonus successes to any rolls the drinker makes to resist the effects of a disease. No more success than the Exalt’s essence may be granted by this tonic.
- Imbued Scouring Vaccination-5/4, Ever Versatile Inoculation, 6 motes- This tonic shimmers with faint light and is so hot as to almost scald the tongue. When drunk it courses through the drinker violently scouring the diseases from his system. All non-magical diseases are immediately cured. For each disease removed, the drinker suffers an unsoakable level of lethal damage.
Lawgiver’s Miraculous Salve</b>
<b>Cost: Cost of the duplicated charm +6 motes and a willpower Duration: essence in days Type: Simple Keywords: Minimum Medicine: 5 Minimum Essence: 5 Prerequisite Charms::Distillation of the Omnipotent Solar Tonics, plus any 4 Medicine Charms
So masterful is the Lawgiver’s skill that he can craft potent medicinal salves and treatments. By infusing a portion of his divine spark into his work, he can create wonders that will shine with his life giving light, even if he himself is not present. The Salves created by this charm can duplicate the effects of Medicine charms already known to the character. When applied by another person, it’s as if the Solar himself were using the charm to treat the patient. Have the Solar make any rolls required by the charm at the time of the Salve’s creation. Creating such a salve takes a number of days equal to ½ the minimum essence requirement of the charm and require the character to succeed at an Intelligence + Medicine roll with a difficulty equal to the duplicated charm’s minimum Medicine requirement. The solar must commit 6 motes per extant Salve and Salves will last for a number of days equal to the Solar’s essence, until used, or until the committed essence is withdrawn, whichever comes first. A character can have up to his Essence in Salves at any one time. At essence 6 the duration of this charm is measured in weeks, the commitment is reduced to 4 motes, and the cap on extant charms becomes Essence x2.
These charms were inspired by a comment Telgar made about some of GoldenCat 's DB medicine charms. So thanks a bundle guys. That being said, I'm not sure how much I like the implementation of Distillation of the Omnipotent Solar Tonics-Ambisinister