Signing Up For a Part
Signing up to write a part is easy. All you need to do is append yourself to the author queue, and set a deadline. Be sure to indicate your chosen deadline in the queue, next to your name; also be sure to put your queue entry on both the front page and the appropriate story info page.
Before you start writing, familiarize yourself with the basic rules and guidelines. Also be sure to check the story info page for any special rules which apply to the series you will be writing for. The info page will also probably have links to other useful information, such as a cast listing or plot synopsis, which you'll probably want to review before starting in.
When you post the part, try to include the following. It will make my job easier, since this is stuff I will add in myself if you leave it out:
- An authorial credit, so people who follow a link directly to the part will know who wrote it.
- A "navigation bar" at the top and bottom of the page, with links to previous part, next part (probably not written yet), story info page, and WBM front page.
The following elements are optional in most cases:
- A title splash, with the name of the story and/or chapter, plus your name. Whether or not this is appropriate generally depends on the series.
- Links to any author's notes for the part, and discussion forum(s) for the series.
- Links to other Wiki pages if your part features fan-made artifacts, characters, locations, &c. which have Wiki writeups.
- back to WBM.