Fetch, the Blasphemy in Robes of Flesh, Demon of the First Circle
Progeny of She Who Mounted the Omphalos
- by EotBeholder
Description: By their voices one might think them goddesses, and by their horns one might see them as fiends of the lowest sort. But by the skins they use to hide their forms one can tell their true nature as something in between: they are the fetch, blasphemous priestesses of the banished Primordials, chafing splinters in the body of the world.
For reasons unknown, Creation spurns the fetch. Air turns foul and animals recoil in their presence. Plants they touch will wither before the next dawn. The earth will not suffer their weight; like their creator, the fetch hover rather than walk. Most severely, if the Unconquered Sun were to look upon them in material form he would burn their flesh with searing light, while Luna would afflict their minds with madness. Thus do the fetch wrap themselves in the flayed skins of men, disguising themselves from the light of the heavens. Only by the dark of the new moon would they dare reveal their true forms: feminine but angular, emaciated, translucent blue, with horns of pearl and eyes of grey fire in darkened sockets.
None live who have summoned Stanewald and coaxed from her the riddles of the fetch’s existence, but what is known is this: after seventy years, Stanewald has a new passion, and the fetch are the embodiments of that fervor. They are the prayers that sustain themselves through their own worship, living scripture of a faith confirmed by their own existence. The fetch live, and so they know their cause must be righteous. The whispers they hear may indeed be madness, but through their will, that madness has been turned prophecy. In their hand-stitched ‘vestments’ they walk Creation, spreading their insane, solipsistic cult one tortured and broken mind at a time. To what end this faith may serve, none can say. The fetch do not question their purpose, and Stanewald isn’t talking. The answer, if there is one, must lie in a dance she has not yet performed, or else in the look of terrible understanding in the eyes of the fetch’s electrocuted victims.
When summoned for war, fetch serve as support troops or living artillery pieces alongside the erymanthoi rank and file. While pathetically weak in hand to hand combat, they can obliterate whole fangs of mortal soldiers from a distance with a single Utterance of Hate. Off the battlefield they make for knowledgeable (if disturbing and insufferably arrogant) advisors and tutors of Malfean lore.
- Paragon (Or Motivation: Subvert or destroy humanity through worship and wanton destruction)
- Strength 1, Dexterity 4, Stamina 2, Charisma 5, Manipulation 6, Appearance 3, Intelligence 5, Perception 4, Wits 3
- Compassion 1, Conviction 5, Temperance 3, Valour 3
- Awareness 2, Dodge 3, Integrity 3 (Dogma +2), Lore 5, Martial Arts 3, Occult 6, Performance 5 (Prayer +2), Presence 6, Resistance 2, Socialize 4, War 4
- Followers 2, Whispers 5
- Spirit Charms
- Donning Spiritual Armor: While physically weak, fetch can fortify the skins they wear with demonic energies, giving tattered flesh the strength of iron. For 5 motes, fetch may add their Temperance + Essence to both bashing and lethal soak for a scene.
- Essence Plethora x3: Fetch have 20 extra motes of Essence at their disposal.
- Measure the Wind: Fetch use this charm to size up adversaries and reveal Immaculate monks attempting to infiltrate their cults.
- Harrow the Mind: Fetch create illusions to break down those they seek to convert or torture, destroying the will through nightmares of helplessness and pain. The fetch rolls its Manipulation + Perform + Conviction to create the illusion; targets may resist with Perception + Integrity, adding their Temperance in automatic successes. The fetch must pay 10 motes and 1 Willpower to activate this charm for a scene.
- Materialize: Fetch can materialize in Creation only by wrapping themselves in human skins; without at least three full corpses worth of flesh, this charm automatically fails. Likewise, summoners must provide the fetch with skins upon binding or the demon will be destroyed as soon as it arrives.
- Principle of Motion: Fetch typically have 8 extra actions readied.
- Utterance of Hate: For 5 motes and a simple action (Speed 6, DV -2) a fetch may smite a heretic with the wrath of Malfeas, manifested as a crackling bolt of baleful grey lightning. The accuracy of the attack depends on the fetch’s understanding of alien geometries (Intelligence + Occult) and the base damage on the strength of the fetch’s beliefs and the force behind her words (Charisma + Conviction + Essence). This attack affects all foes in an (Essence) yard radius and has a range of (Essence x 10) yards. It may not be parried except by perfect effects, though it may be dodged, and the damage it inflicts is lethal piercing damage.
Fetch also possess First and Second Excellencies in Dodge, Integrity, Martial Arts, Performance, Presence, and War.
- Join Battle
- Fist:Speed 5, Accuracy 7, Damage 1B, Defense 7, Rate 3
- Utterance of Hate:Speed 6, Accuracy 11, Damage 13L (P), Rate 3, Range 30
- Soak:2L / 3B (Skin wrappings, 1B/1L) (+7B / +7L with Spiritual Armor)
- Health Levels: -O / -l / -1 / -1 / -2 / -2 / -2 / -4 / Incap
- Dodge DV:5
- Essence Pool:70
- Cost to Materialize:60
- Other Notes:Fetch are unable to touch the earth, perpetually hanging scant inches above its surface. They suffer no penalties for adverse surface conditions and can cross snow, quicksand, water or magma as easily as they can solid ground. This power costs nothing to use and cannot be suppressed, even voluntarily.