- back to Acantha
I tend to make characters when I'm bored, so here you go. Hopefully people will find them as amusing as I do.
I gravitate toward Zeniths more than anything, which is why there are a lot of Zeniths hanging around here. Maybe I just like having tea with the Unconquered Sun or something.
- Kuroi Adi : A young Western Zenith dealing with a rowdy disciple, a bickering circle, and her own pregnancy with admirable grace.
- Samadhi : The first character I ever made: A Zenith living with her followers in a desert manse near Chiaroscuro.
- Three Brilliant Stars : An obsessive Twilight craftsman searching endlessly for his precious stolen Hearthstones.
- Fast of Shadows : A Haltan Night caste. Also, an attempt at a trickster character.
- Thanit Rakhiel : A Twilight inventor formerly of the Dynasty with a penchant for Science!.
- Cheerful Sky : A Dawn Caste martial artist searching for a way to restore balance to Creation.
- Crane and Heaven's Father : A vengeful Lunar prince looking to destroy the barbarians who massacred his tribe.
- Rain and Feather Prince : A bandit king from the far East with a penchant for pretty women. And pretty men. And pretty much anything that moves.
- Jack of Hearts : An atypical Chosen of Serenity who owns and operates a high-class brothel in Nexus.
- Sweet Breath of Morning : She's a Chosen of Serenity looking for work on Creation. Heaven help her when she finally finds it...
- Brilliant Raven in Amaranth Robes : A Chosen of Battles, one of Heaven's field agents who, despite her innocent looks, could probably kill you with her little finger. No, I'm serious. She's deadly.
- Prince of the Pale Tower : An ultimately lonely Abyssal confined to a powerful Manse to keep him sheltered from the rest of the world.
- The Boy Who Looks Back In Anger : "He coughed and shook his crumpled wings, closed his eyes and moved his lips. 'It's time we should be going.'"
- The Twilight and Shadow Servant : And now, I officially hate myself. A Dusk Caste reminiscent of a favorite video game character.
- The Lotus Blooming in a Pool of Ash and Steel : An unfailingly polite and quite honorable servant of the Void.
- The Uncivil Teacher of Court Etiquette : An arrogant and cruel vizier.
- Ragara Sundara : An Air Aspected spymaster and member of both the Thousand Scales and the All-Seeing Eye.
- Four Functions of Security : An Orichalcum Caste guardian who protects the work of his Maker tirelessly and without fail.
- Zephyranth : A Fire-Blooded former pleasure slave, and assistant to the brothel owner he's in love with. Of course, he doesn't realize his beloved Master is actually a Sidereal.
The following characters are meant to be kind of silly -- they're for a humor game I plan on running sometime in the near future (if I can track down my players, of course...). So, take them all with a grain of salt.
- One Hand Clapping : A Zenith Solar and former (quite clumsy) Immaculate monk. What is the sound of one hand clapping? CRASHBANGTUMBLE "Sorry! I'll clean it up!"
- Love from the Linden Trees : An Eclipse Solar, formerly an entertainer from Nexus, who now travels around with his talking horse familiar, Picasso. Guess the reference!
- Bouncing Glass : A Solar so fed up with his Sidereal-guided life that he's trying to kill himself -- only to find his efforts foiled at each turn by said Sidereals.
- Tragical Tear Princess : She is OMG SO TRAGICAL.
- The Starmetal Patrol : Two Sidereals (one Journeys, one Endings) who have made it their mission to track down every piece of falling starmetal they can. Yet another pop-culture reference!
- Unpronounceable Symbol : An Abyssal Dusk whose Malfean name cannot be pronounced by mortal means, lest it drive all who hear it insane instantly. He's trying to renegotiate his contract.
- A Yet-Unnamed Lunar : A Full Moon Lunar. Totem animal: Penguin!
And Other Things
- Acantha/NameConcepts : An attempt to match character concepts to randomly generated names. More brainstorming than anything.
- Acantha/CanonCharacters : Dangerous territory -- statted canon characters.
Acantha/DeathLords : Because everyone wants more death. Really.