From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
This page is devoted to ideas for one (or two, or even more) game sessions. Many of these ideas were not originally mine, note.
The page is a subpage of myBrokenShade/CampaignIdeas section ...
Ideas Still to Detail
- Natural (or Wyld) disasters affecting mortals (volcano etc)
- As they are taking the mortals to freedom, they realise one has been left behind. When they get back, they see she is trapped by a fire spirit etc! (time for heroics ^_^)
- Fair Folk incursions affecting mortals (listless mortals appear in the village)
- The guild, using (a network of indirect) economic pressure on their relatives etc
- To force the PCs to work for them? On a specific job, or permanently?
- Foes that materialise and dematerialise
- Social Charms
- ... all the PCs allies turn on them
- Everyone starts worshipping their ancestors (Abyssal preacher)
- Fair folk ninjas with glass shuriken that dissolve into essence stealing spiders
- Meet someone in disguise who appears friendly, but is later revealed as a (known) enemy
- Barbarian raiders have kidnapped the sister of a PC
- The local god is threatening to cause a famine if he is not given outrageous new offerings
- Faeries have been stealing red-headed children out of their beds and spiriting them off
- Quest to obtain scarce resources
- Mine collapse ... people stuck beneath the earth
- In the dark and pouring rain on a bamboo floating redoubt
- Free the Amber Post Slaves- Attack the Amber Post and free its current slave population. The Guild will pay a bounty for Arguin Cesta, minus the cost of the escaped slaves of course.
- Escape From the Samikal Fens- Fast paced escape through noxious northern swamp inhabited by fell beasts. Very dark and moody.
- Rescue a Realm Prisoner from the Imperial City- A mortal ally has been imprisoned by the Wyld Hunt within the Imperial City. The circle must rescue their ally without bringing down the wrath of the Dragon-blooded
- Ambush a Guild Slave Caravan- Word has reached the circle of a guild caravan en route to a Fair Folk citadel. They must ambush the caravan and free the slaves before the Fair Folk claim them.
- Destroy a Yozi Cult- A deep cavern in the Southern desert has become home to a festering cult of demon worshippers who are attempting to birth a Malfean lord into creation. The cult must be annihilated to a man.
- The Nexus Ripper Murders- Horrendous killings have started to take place in Nexus. The circle must find the killer before more innocents die.
- Night of the Undead- The circle must take shelter for the night in an abandoned wilderness fortress. Unfortunately the castle is already infested with hungry ghosts.
- Find the Ice Prison- A Lunar ally seeks aid in uncovering his fragmented past. The circle must find a ruined Fair Folk prison deep in the northern mountains.
- A large bandit army has been marauding through the Hundred Kingdoms. The army is now camped in a mountain pass on the border between two kingdoms. The circle must do serious damage to the army
- The Infested Manse- The circle receives urgent word from a sorcerous colleague. A demonic summoning performed by an overeager apprentice has gone awry and infested a powerful manse with demons. The demons must be destroyed before they spread to the countryside.
- Envoy to the Wagon Folk- The circle is sent to recruit a recently reborn Exalt from the nomadic Wagon Folk of the Scavenger Lands. They must gain the tribes’ trust before the young nomad will leave with them.
General Encounter Reminders
- Too many fights are about survival
- Rather than have people try to kill characters, have them instead try to steal items (not the PCs, other items) or kidnap people, or conquer kingdoms
- Work your story in such ways that there are more ways to achieve victory than just killing their foe
- Toss an emotional high onto that ("Save the girl!"), then it becomes even more exciting
Try to work out interesting events that alter the dynamics of the fight
- Fires can erupt
- Buildings can collapse
- Reinforcements can arrive
- Someone can be betrayed
Give the players props to play with
- Empasize the array of tables and the broken glass of the bar room
- Remember: COLLATERAL DAMAGE!