From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
From a thread I started on rpg.net:
I was just reading the transcript of a speech one of the Cylon character gives during an interrogation, and it hit me: this sounds like a Sidereal. A nutty one, sure, but a Siddie.
Here's the speech:
- To know God is to know madness. I see the universe. I see the past. I see the foreshadowing that precedes every moment of every day. It's all there. I see it and you don't. And I have a surprise for you. I have something to tell you about the future. But we have to see this through to the end.
- What is the most basic article of faith? This is not all that we are. See, the difference between you and me is that I know what that means and you don't. I know that I'm more than this body, more than this consciousness. A part of me swims in the stream, but in truth, I'm standing on the shore. The current never takes me downstream.
- I am more than you could ever imagine. I am God. That's funny, isn't it? We're all God Kara, all of us. I see the love that binds all living things together.
- I see the truth that float past you in the stream.
- All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. You kneel before idols and ask for guidance and you can't see that your destiny's already been written. Each of us plays a role, each time a different role. Maybe last time I was the interrogator and you were the prisoner. The players change; the story remains the same. This time, your role is to deliver my soul unto God. Do it for me. It's your destiny and mine.
- And I told you I had a surprise for you. Are you ready? You will find Kobol, birthplace of us all. Kobol will lead you to Earth. This is my gift to you, Kara.
Except for the stuff about god and the last paragraph this could have been said by a Sidereal in an Exalted game, especially the stuff about the foreshadowing that precedes every moment.
Don't know if that's something that will actually have any relevance in anyone's game, but for me it's one of those cool sideways connections one sometimes makes between concepts that at first seem utterly unconnected.
Hm, is there a way to make a Sidereal forget that he's not the Resplendent Destiny he's wearing, turn him into a sleeper agent, Exalted and trained in martial arts, but unfindable by almost any means until he gets the secret signal that awakens his true personality?
The Bourne Destiny: coming soon to gaming tables across the world