Discordant Forest Style
The Harmonious Forest Style focuses on the emulation of the synergy of the forest as a living organism - but not all forests are so harmonious. The Discordant Forest Style emulates those forest denizens who are not so worried about about getting along with their neighbors - the suffocating kudzu, or that one tree that poisons the ground around itself so nothing else can grow. Whatever that one's called. Isn't that the walnut? Still very much under construction, the style rules already. I swear.
All Charms in this tree are incompatible with weapons and armor.
Kudzu's Spring Growth</b>
<b>Cost: 3 Motes Duration: Instant Type: Reflexive Minimum Martial Arts: 2 Minimum Essence: 1 Prereqs: None
- Too drunk/stoned for flavor text. Will fill in later.
- For the rest of the turn, the character reduces his mutiple action penalties by 1 and adds his Essence to his initiative. This Charm may only be used once per turn.
Strangling Vine Grasp</b>
<b>Cost: 4 Motes Duration: Instant Type: Supplemental Minimum Martial Arts: 3 Minimum Essence: 2 Prereqs: Kudzu's Spring Growth
- Again with the being fucked up. No flavor text for you, Charm.
- The character gains his Martial Arts in dice to initiate a clinch.
Discordant Forest Form</b>
<b>Cost: 5 Motes Duration: One Scene Type: Simple Minimum Martial Arts: 4 Minimum Essence: 2 Prereqs: Strangling Vine Grasp
- The Exalt emulates the poison of the walnut and the speed of kudzu, his anima wrapping around him in caustic layers that simultaneously lubricate his movements.
- Whenever the character successfully strikes an opponent with a Martial Arts attack, in addition to any damage done, the opponent must soak a separate pool of Lethal damage equal to the martial artist's Essence using only natural soak. This damage also applies at the end of each turn during which a character grappled with the Exalt, and to anyone who strikes him unarmed. This damage is from poison. Effects that would protect a character from poison damage work against it, and it explicitly may be used as a reagent for Wind-Delivered Pollen Meditation (see below). The character's unarmed attacks and clinches deal Lethal damage, and he adds his Martial Arts to his initiative. This is a MA Form-type Charm, and is incompatible with armor.
Spreading through the Fences Kata</b>
<b>Cost: 4 Motes Duration: Instant Type: Simple Minimum Martial Arts: 5 Minimum Essence: 2 Prereqs: Discorcand Forest Form
- Vines will creep through, over or around obstacles with ease, and fences that can keep out the largest animals are useless against even the fragile morning glory.
- The character makes a standard MA clinch attempt. This attack may not be blocked or parried, and ignores all cover penalties, though it may be dodged as normal.
Deathgrip of Eternal Roots</b>
<b>Cost: 3 Motes, 1 Willpower Duration: Instant Type: Reflexive Minimum Martial Arts: 5 Minimum Essence: 3 Prereqs: Spreading through the Fences Kata
- Burn the vine and forget the root, and you've accomplished nothing. Plants can be tenacious, reasserting a foothold in an area thought to be cleansed.
- The martial artist may only activate this Charm immediately when a clinch or hold in which he is participating ends. The grapple is considered not to have ended, and continues as normal. This specifically does not work against clinches ended by some sort of perfect effect, but it otherwise perfect in effect.
Fruiting Vine Epiphany</b>
<b>Cost: 7 Motes Duration: Five Turns Type: Reflexive Minimum Martial Arts: 4 Minimum Essence: 3 Prereqs: Discorcand Forest Form
- Vines' fruits ripen all at once, and fall in such abundance that one cannot hope to catch them all before they land.
- For the next five turns, the character reduces his multiple action penalties by his permanent Essence rating, to a minimum of zero. This Charm does not stack with itself, but it does stack with Kudzu's Spring Growth.
Bursting Seed Pod Prana</b>
<b>Cost: 3 Motes per attack Duration: Instant Type: Extra Action Minimum Martial Arts: 5 Minimum Essence: 3 Prereqs: Fruiting Vine Epiphany
- At the instant when a seed pod bursts open, its contents spill forth in a shower of opportunity. The character learns to release a windfall of attacks.
- The character gains an extra MA action for every 3 motes spent, up to his permanent Essence in extra actions. These actions may not be used to parry, but may be used for any grapple or a standard MA attack. The character's normal action may be any MA action, including a parry.
Poisoned Palm Strike</b>
<b>Cost: 5 Motes Duration: Instant Type: Supplemental Minimum Martial Arts: 5 Minimum Medicine: 3 Minimum Essence: 3 Prereqs: Discorcand Forest Form
- Some plants, especially in the East, are veritable wellsprings of death. Their poison can fell the greatest of beasts, and pose grave danger even to the Exalted.
- The character strikes with a cupped, open palm, too soft to deliver actual damage. However, momentarily held in his hand is a pool of virulent, toxic essence. If the attack hits, the martial artist rolls his Willpower at a difficulty of the target's permanent Essence. If this roll succeeds, the target must soak a number of damage dice equal to the Exalt's Martial Arts using only natural soak. Extra successes on the Willpower roll add to this damage. If the net successes on the Willpower roll exceed the target's Essence rating (that is, the gross successes equal or exceed twice the target's Essence), this damage is Aggravated. Otherwise, it is Lethal. This counts as poison for the purposes of Wind-Delivered Pollen Meditation.
Wind-Delivered Pollen Meditation</b>
<b>Cost: 6 Motes, 1 Willpower Duration: Instant Type: Simple Minimum Martial Arts: 5 Minimum Essence: 3 Prereqs: Poisoned Palm Strike
- Plants often make use of air currents and essence flows to transport their pollen or seeds to faraway places. The martial artist learns to combine this wisdom with a more deadly delivery.
- The player names one poison or intoxicant in the character's possession and makes a standard MA attack against one target within his field of vision. The attack does not strike the target this turn, and deals no damage. Instead, for every yard away the target is, the attack takes one turn to strike. This attack may not be dodged or parried. It does have a physical component, but the target cannot perceive it unless she can perceive essence flows. If it is successful, the victim suffers the full effects of exposure to the reagent used with the attack. This Charm explicitly allows any Charm-created poison to be used in this manner (usually through a combo), though the ST has final say over what, exactly, constitutes poison. If a physical reagent is used, one dose is consumed.
Orchid's Face Hides Malice</b>
<b>Cost: 12 Motes +4 Motes per Turn, 1 Willpower, 1 Health Level Duration: Varies Type: Simple Minimum Martial Arts: 5 Minimum Essence: 4 Prereqs: Wind-Delivered Pollen Meditation, Deathgrip of Eternal Roots, Bursting Seed Pod Prana
- Orchids put forth a beautiful, graceful face to the world while mercilessly crushing and draining the plants on which they grow.
- The character activates this Charm on his initiative during a turn in which he is involved in a clinch. Until the character stops paying for this Charm or the clinch ends, he automaitcally maintains the clinch, and deals Aggravated damage instead of Bashing. For every second Health Level of damage he deals during the clinch, the character heals one level of Lethal or Bashing damage. However, if he deals no damage during a turn in which he maintains this Charm, the ravenous energy he's channelling eats away at his being, and he takes one unsoakable level of Lethal damage. Maintaining this Charm counts as Reflexive Charm use.