From Exalted - Unofficial Wiki
There have been a lot of complaints about Solar Charms having speedbumps and being in some ways lacking.
This project is an attempt to fix the Solar trees, to the extent that they need fixing.
It will work like this:
- This project is for existing Solar Charms only.
- If you believe a particular Solar Charm needs revising, create a subpage here under the name of that Charm.
- In that subpage, first list the current Charm and then (under your name) your alternative wording and mechanics
- Others who want to suggest their own alternatives can add their alternative Charm to the page (under their name)
- At the bottom of each of these pages, people can vote on which charm version they like most (including the original)
- Please keep comments in a separate Comments section, below the Vote Tally section
- If you don't like any of the existing Charm versions, add your own!
- For a template of how this works, look at the Melee section below and select Bulwark Stance
So without further ado
These Charms are in alphabetical order, both in terms of Ability and Charms within each Ability. This is for ease of reference in what could become a rather large project ...
FixTheSolarCharmTrees/BulwarkStance FixTheSolarCharmTrees/CallTheBlade FixTheSolarCharmTrees/FivefoldBulwarkStance FixTheSolarCharmTrees/GloriousSolarSaber FixTheSolarCharmTrees/HeavenlyGuardianDefense FixTheSolarCharmTrees/OneWeaponTwoBlows FixTheSolarCharmTrees/PeonyBlossomAttack FixTheSolarCharmTrees/ProtectionOfCelestialBliss FixTheSolarCharmTrees/ReadyInEightDirectionsStance FixTheSolarCharmTrees/RetrieveTheFallenWeapon FixTheSolarCharmTrees/WhirlwindOfSearingBlows
Are we allowed to list the original text of the charm or is that infringing copyright? -- Voidstate
If we list them completely it'd propbably be an infringement, but a summary of what it does should be fine, and if anyone from WW has a problem with it they should know how readily we'll change anything that bothers them - CorlanDashiva
Agreed. But I really couldn't see a problem, especially with the Solar Charm cards freely downloadable? -- BrokenShade
It is, Yoshi of the Exalted Compendium got a visit from white wolf's lawyers just for putting up the name/cost/duration/type/minimums of every charm. If you just did a few randomly, it'd be ok, but posting all of them is bad and will get you in trouble. - GoldenH
I've thought of a slight problem over this otherwise excellent forum in the wiki. In the discussions of each particular charm, there are sometimes synergy issues. That is, when I change one charm, other may need change too, or that one change may disrupt the other changes. Therefore, I suggest a general discussion forum within each skill here. Like the one I made for Resistance, which happens to be my baby for the moment. -Clebo
HEY! looks like WW fixed the damn charm trees in the end. so, let's look at the results in the pg, ad start over with what they left unchanged... -Domon